Terms and Conditions
Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet is funded by Skillnet Ireland and our member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation & Science.
Please note that from time to time Skillnet Ireland or a third party may carry out a quality assurance assessment on randomly selected courses/seminars, if you are contacted please take the time to answer the questions that you are asked regarding the training and LHP Skillnet.
General conditions of funding:
Membership and Participants
- You (sole trader etc) or your company must be a member of LHP Skillnet to be eligible for the grant-aided fee. Membership is free and automatic on booking a training event for the first time, subject to eligibility and verification. Any questions on membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be eligible for the grant-aided fee you must be either employed or self-employed.
- Your company/business must be registered in the Republic of Ireland.
- Participants at training events must be resident in Ireland.
- If you work for a public-sector organisation and wish to attend a training event as part of your work, then you are not eligible for grant-aided fees. In such cases, the full fee, without grant aid, applies.
- The network will never pay the grant-aided amount directly to the member company or trainee, the grant will always be in the form of a reduced training cost.
- All bookings are provisional until training event fees have been paid and where applicable, eligibility for grand-funded fees is verified.
- Training event schedules are subject to demand and in exceptional circumstances can be postponed or cancelled.
- LHP Skillnet reserves the right to alter the contents of any training event or the programme specialists and / or the venue(s) due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Requests for substitution of attendees will be facilitated were possible. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.
Payments and Refunds
- Training event fees must be paid in full and in advance of the event commencing unless a prior agreement has been reached with LHP Skillnet.
- Fees can be paid by EFT, debit or credit card (payment details will be included on your invoice). Some training events may require immediate payment at the time of booking.
- Cancellations are only permitted if requested in writing 7 working days prior to the commencement of the training event. Some training events may have a different refund policy. If applicable, this will be stated on the relevant training event information page.
- Refunds are only authorised if the request for cancellation is given in accordance with the cancellation conditions above. Training fees will be NOT be refunded once a training event has commenced.
- In the case of cancellation outside of the cancellation conditions above or non-attendance, any invoices issued remain due and payment is required as per the payment conditions stated. Any payments made are not refundable.
- LHP Skillnet is funded on an annual basis, funding for longer term courses (covering 2 or more calendar years) cannot be guaranteed. However, we fully envisage gaining funded in the future.
- As a condition of the funding you or attendees are required to complete certain documentation, for example, an attendee/trainee profile form or registration form.
- It is the responsibility of the employer or the person booking the training event to ensure that all documentation, including that required from attendees, is completed when and where required.
- Where a sign in sheet is present, attendees must sign in daily.
- At the end of the course attendees are requested to complete the evaluation form or evaluation email issued.
- If you or attendees do not wish to complete the documentation and still wish to attend the training event the full price of the training event without grant-aid is payable.
Skills Connect – Free Places for Unemployed / Career Transition Participants
- LHP Skillnet operate (on a limited basis) some specific courses for unemployed participants / those who are changing career paths.
- These courses are known as Skills Connect Courses
- If you wish to apply for a place on one of our Skills Connect courses, you must be unemployed or meet the full eligibility criteria which is available at https://www.skillnetireland.ie/about/developing-your-skills/developing-irelands-future-workforce/