How We Collect Your Information
We collect data when you register to our site, book a training event or fill out a form.
When you register or complete a form you will be asked for your name and email address. Take note that you may also visit our site without going through the registration process.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information but only when you voluntarily submit it through registering to our site, booking a training event or when by filling out a form. This information may include name, email address, telephone number.
Non-personal information (such as demographic data regarding user IP addresses that have been clipped) is collected from all of our website visitors on a cumulative basis. This type of anonymous statistical data cannot be used to identify or contact you.
When you agree for it to be placed on the hard drive, the cookie may save your personal preferences so you do not have to constantly re-enter them or it may provide you with preferential content.
Why We Save Your Information
Having visitor information is essential for us to properly identify our customers’ needs. When we understand our customers we can provide them with the best service.
When we process your information we may use it for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the service you have requested
- To contact you in relation to the service you have requested
- To customise the website in accordance with your preferences
- To respond to any communications we may receive from you
- For internal record keeping
- To send promotional email about new offers or services which we think may be of benefit to you (only if you have opted-in to this purpose)
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may make non-personal information available to third parties, such as the number of unique visitors to our website or the typical motions visitors go through when visiting our website.
The third parties to whom we share this data with may include other environmental NGOs.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties unless we have your permission.
We will provide your personal information if we are required to by any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court order or other statutory requirement.
Restricting the Collection of Your Personal Information
You may restrict the collection or use of your personal information by clicking the box by the form on our website that signifies that you do not want your information to be used for direct marketing. If you have previously consented to us using your information for marketing purposes you may contact us at any time at email@example.com should you change your mind.
Your personal information is stored on secure servers.
Although we are committed to ensuring that your data is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the internet as no internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access we have taken all reasonable physical, electronic and managerial steps to protect your personal information.
Confirming, Updating and Removing Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2000 we are obliged to update or remove your personal information if you inform us of any changes. You may have your personal data updated or you may find out what personal information we have stored by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Take note that any such requests may be subject to a small fee.
Trainee Privacy Statement
You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
You understand that the data will be shared with Skillnet Ireland. The data will be used to provide the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science with statistical information only in aggregate format. You can view the Trainee Privacy Statement of Skillnet Ireland at http://www.skillnetireland.ie/data-protection/Skillnet-Ireland-Trainee-Privacy-Statement/
Skillnet Ireland contracts third parties to fulfil requirements of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science for compliance reviews, evaluations of the training programmes, quality assurance and to verify attendance at training. You may be contacted either by telephone or email for these purposes only.
Data may also be shared with the training provider in order for them to communicate with the trainee in relation the training event.
You understand that personal data will be shared with the accrediting institution or body for registration and certification purposes where a course is accredited by another training or education institution or body. Additional personal data may be collected for this purpose e.g. PPS number and Date of Birth. You may be contacted by phone or email by the institution or body for this purpose and for purposes associated with being a registered trainee or student at the institution or body.
You understand that where a course or event is being co-hosted with another organisation(s) your personal data may be shared with the organisation(s). You may be contacted by phone or email by the organisation(s) in connection with the course or event or associated courses and events.
You understand that where a course or event is being delivered or facilitated by a third-party provider(s) your personal data may be shared with the provider(s) in connection to that course or event only. You may be contacted by phone or email by the provider(s) in connection with the course or event.
Trainee Profile Form
The Trainee Profile Form is incorporated into the registration form that must be completed by all trainees. It is used by Skillnet Ireland and Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet (the “Learning Network”) to collect information relating to participants on training programmes partially or fully-funded by Skillnet Ireland from the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. Skillnet Ireland is mandated by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science to monitor and evaluate training programmes and to ensure that funds are being used appropriately.
What We Use Your Personal Data For
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivering training programmes via the Learning Network.
- Monitoring the training programmes of the Learning Network. Skillnet Ireland is required by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science to perform compliance reviews, evaluations of the training programmes, quality assurance and to verify attendance at training. You may be contacted either by telephone or email for these purposes.
- For the purposes of providing aggregated statistical information to the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science to help inform national policy in relation to skills.
- For the purposes of providing personal data to accrediting institutions or bodies to facilitate student registration and certification. You may be contacted by phone or email by the institution or body for this purpose and for purposes associated with being a registered trainee or student at the institution or body.
- For the purposes of providing personal data to another organisation(s) co-hosting courses or events in connection with the course or event or associated courses and events . You may be contacted by phone or email by the organisation(s) for this purpose.
- For the purposes of providing personal data to a third-party provider(s) delivering or facilitating a course or event in connection to that course or event only. You may be contacted by phone or email by the provider(s) for this purpose.
You may be contacted by third parties, contracted by Skillnet Ireland to perform monitoring and evaluation activities for these specific purposes only.