This study day is introduce nurses to the principles of wound care, wound management and wound prevention.
Please note: members of Nursing Homes Ireland will be invited to attend one of the free sessions of this programme that will be taking place online between May 2021 and October 2021. NHI will be in contact with further details.
Caring for wounds is an essential element of any healthcare professional's daily activity. This one-day training day will ensure that the participant is competent in the following areas:
1. Physiology/Identification of the Local Barriers of Wound Healing
2. Wound Assessment
3. Preventative Skin Care (Managing At-Risk Skin)
4. Pressure Ulcers (Intervention and Treatment)
5. Skin Tears, Leg Ulcers, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, and Wound Dressings.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the end of this study day the participant should be able to:
2. Discuss and explain the principles and practice of undertaking a holistic nursing assessment of the wounds acute hospital, residential nursing home and community healthcare setting.
3. Discuss the impact of wounds on an individual relation to the physiological, psychological and psychosocial needs in acute hospital, residential nursing home and community healthcare setting.
4. Discuss wound management and intervention therapies and prevention.
5. Describe the role of the nurse in the wound care and tissue viability.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in the private healthcare sector.
Trainer Name: To be confirmed
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBC
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: NA
- Unemployed: Yes
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 6