Caring for wounds is an essential element of any healthcare professional's daily activity.
This course is available for group booking only. It is not available for booking by individuals.
The course aims to introduce nurses to the principles of wound care, wound management and wound prevention.
On completion of this course, the student will be able to …
1. Develop an understanding of the aetiology of wounds and skin care.
2. Discuss and explain the principles and practice of undertaking a holistic nursing assessment of the wounds acute hospital, residential nursing home and community healthcare setting.
3. Discuss the impact of wounds on an individual relation to the physiological, psychological and psychosocial needs in acute hospital, residential nursing home and community healthcare setting.
4. Discuss wound management and intervention therapies and prevention.
5. Describe the role of the nurse in the wound care and tissue viability.
The course includes:
- Physiology/Identification of the Local Barriers of Wound Healing
- Wound Assessment
- Preventative Skin Care (Managing At-Risk Skin)
- Pressure Ulcers (Intervention and Treatment)
- Skin Tears, Leg Ulcers, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, and Wound Dressings.
The duration of the course is one day. The course is can be delivered on-site or live online. The course can be delivered on any date, subject to availability of instructors. There is a maximum of 15 students when delivered on-site and 20 students when delivered live online for this course.
There is no assessment for this course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is primarily aimed at practising nurses.
Students must be currently employed in the private healthcare sector.
This course is accredited by NMBI. Successful students will receive 6 NMBI CEUs. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded by LHP Skillnet.
The cost of this course is subsidised for businesses in the private healthcare sector.
To get a price for your organisation, click 'Enquire Now' and get in touch.
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: On-site or live online options available
- Start date: 01 Sep 2022
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- LHP Skillnet Member Price: NA
- Non-Members Price: NA
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 6