This core module is delivered as part of the Major Award (QQI Level 5) in Healthcare Support.
This module can be offered only to the participants who are currently employed in a private healthcare organization.
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work in an organisation or specific vocational context, carrying out vocationally related tasks over a period of time, independently while under general supervision.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Learners will be able to:
- Summarise the distinguishing features of the organisation, institution or workplace to include its status (public, private, voluntary, other), size, organisational structure, main aims and its overall work, staff client engagement and management practices
- Comment on current issues, challenges and trends affecting the organisation, institution or workplace, to include as appropriate, local, national, global, economic and social and or ethical issues
- Summarise the main legislation and regulations relevant to the place of work; to include health, safety and welfare at work, employment, equality and matters related to the specific vocational context
- Explain the organisation's internal and external policies and procedures pertinent to own role and role of others
- Conclude a minimum 2 month work practice placement undertaking a range vocationally specific tasks and activities
- Select information required for a range of work-based tasks, to include analysis of information and application of knowledge to new situations
- Work independently carrying out a range of vocationally specific activities and tasks in the organisation, institution or workplace, seeking advice and general direction as appropriate
- Contribute positively as a member of an organisation or team; maintaining time-keeping, personal presentation, meeting deadlines and adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations and practice
- Execute work practice tasks and responsibilities in a professional and safe manner
- Reflect on personal work practices, to include feedback from supervisor(s) or mentors on personal performance, achievements and challenges
- Review personal and professional learning to include identifying strengths and weaknesses, learning and career opportunities within the vocational field and within the organisation, institution or workplace.
- Portfolio / Collection of Work 40%
- Learner Record 60%
Exact details of how to complete all assessments will be given in advance in class.
- Category: QQI Healthcare Support Course (Level 5)
- Venue: TBC
- Duration: Days: 2
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €100.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: QQI
- Award: QQI Minor award,Level 5
- Credits/CEU's: 15