- Duration:Days: 1
Provider: LHP Skillnet
Skillnet Members Price: NA
This one day NMBI accredited study day will address both the theory and the skill acquisition of venepuncture.
- Who should attend: This study day should be attendant by registered nurses
- Accreditation:NMBI Accredited
- Award:NMBI CEUs
This study day aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform venepuncture in line with both NMBI and local policies and guidelines.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
At the end of the study day, participants should be able to
1. Identify anatomical structures relevant to upper limb venepuncture including vein selection and rationale
2. Explain the components of preparing a patient for the procedure
3. Display competence in the selection and assembly of the appropriate equipment
4. Demonstrate competence in venepuncture on bench top models
5. Outline the clinical indications for, and potential complications of, the procedure together with infection control and health and safety issues surrounding venepuncture.
- Trainer Name: To be confirmed