LHP Skillnet offer a comprehensive, six-day Supervisory Management for Healthcare Professionals programme that is rated QQI Level 6. Upon completion of this programme the student will acquire extensive knowledge of the skills and procedures necessary to be an independent, self-sufficient manager in a healthcare context.
That said, sometimes a healthcare organisation cannot commit to training their supervisory staff for six days, given the demanding nature of the modern nursing home environment. In light of this concern, we at LHP Skillnet will happily tailor our Supervisory Management programme to fit a compressed timeline. If you are interested in booking a custom management programme, consider the following subjects and contact us to organise a training-schedule based upon your selection:
2. Communication Skills
3. Dealing with Challenging Behaviour/Conflict Resolution
4. Interpersonal Skills
5. Critical Thinking
6. Time/Priority Management
7. Problem Solving
For further information on our regular Supervisory Management for Healthcare Professionals (QQI Level 6) programme, please click here.
Depending on your selection criteria, the learner will be equipped with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently in a supervisory capacity in a healthcare setting.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Depending on your selection criteria, upon completion of this programme learners should be able to:
- Obtain the most up to date information and skills available on how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire, problem solve and all the key skills needed to succeed as a supervisor.
- Practise effective supervisory management skills.
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach
- Appreciate the importance of developing quality systems and standards within an organisation.
- Be familiar with the importance of data protection and record keeping policies and other policies.
- Appreciate the importance of effective communication with all stakeholders in the Organisation.
- Practice Effective Budgeting and appreciate the importance of being accountable for your spending.
- Plan for and respond to the changing environments in a particular employment sector.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at any nurse or manager currently employed in the private healthcare sector at supervisory level or those wishing to progress to this level.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBC
- Provider: Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: NA
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: Company Certified
- Award: Certificate