Supervisory Management for Healthcare Professionals is a QQI Level 6 Minor Award. It is comprised of six class-days, to be delivered over six consecutive weeks. This programme is suitable for nurses, managers and supervisors from a healthcare setting. The participant needs to be an appropriately skilled member of staff suitable for the responsibilities of the role.
The aim of this minor award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently in a supervisory capacity in a healthcare setting.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the end of this component module learners should be able to:
- Obtain the most up to date information and skills available on how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire, problem solve and all the key skills needed to succeed as a supervisor.
- Practise effective supervisory management skills.
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach
- Appreciate the importance of developing quality systems and standards within an organisation.
- Be familiar with the importance of data protection and record keeping policies and other policies.
- Appreciate the importance of effective communication with all stakeholders in the Organisation.
- Practice Effective Budgeting and appreciate the importance of being accountable for your spending.
- Plan for and respond to the changing environments in a particular employment sector.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at any nurse/manager currently employed in the private healthcare sector at supervisory level or those wishing to progress to this level.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Duration: Days: 6
- Skillnet Members Price: €500.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: QQI
- Award: QQI Minor award,Level 6
- Credits/CEU's: 15