- Duration:Hours: 4.5
Provider: LHP Skillnet
Skillnet Members Price: €40.00
This workshop will enhance the knowledge and awareness of RGNs and any HCWs who have a responsibility for the safeguarding of vulnerable persons. In conjunction with the HSE’s national training programme Recognising and Responding to Elder Abuse in Residential Care Settings this study day will inform participants on the 2014 National policy and procedures for the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse.
- Who should attend: Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, Allied Healthcare Professionals working in the private healthcare sector
- Accreditation:NMBI Accredited
- Award:NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's:4 CEUs
The aim of this programme is to provide registered nurses, and any HCWs who work with vulnerable adults with up to date evidence based knowledge regarding abuse and the safeguarding vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
- Critique the concept of and indicators of ‘abuse’.
- Discuss the effective processes of ‘prevention of’ and ‘protection from’ abuse.
- Describe the appropriate mechanisms of responding to allegations of abuse.
- Outline the procedures for protecting persons with particular vulnerabilities; i.e. cogitative impairment, learning disabilities, physical disabilities.
- Understand the HSE policy pertaining to Elder abuse & Safeguarding Vulnerable persons at risk of abuse (HSE, 2014)
- Trainer Name: To be confirmed