This training programme will provide participants with a firm grounding in the theory and practical application of audits. It will support critical thinking for high quality, effective audits, with particular focus on Infection Prevention and Control. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of workshops and will be provided with tools and techniques to support them to apply a standardised methodology for the application of audits in their service.
The cost for member companies is €90 per person and €130 per person for non-members. If you belong to a healthcare organisation in the private sector, you are automatically treated as a member.
- Introduction to Internal Audit – Principles and Impact.
- Trends and analysis – HIQA findings in relation to audit.
- Legislation, Regulation, Accreditation & Guidance.
- Introduction to Internal Audits.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Benefits and Challenges.
- Audit Planning & Preparation.
- Conducting Audits -
- Overview of the IPC requirements within residential care (Governance and Application).
- Use of the HCI IPC Audit Tool.
- Reporting Audits.
- Root Cause analysis & Quality Improvement Projects.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
On completion of this training programme, participants will:
- Understand the requirements for an effective internal auditing process.
- Know the appropriate tools and techniques to support the application of internal audit practice, including the application of a specifically designed Infection Prevention and Control audit tool that addresses the legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements for residential care services.
- Understand the reporting requirements of internal audits.
- Be able to utilise the audit findings in a manner that improves the system and increases staff awareness.
Who Should Attend
Owners, Directors, management and supervisory staff.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: Online
- Start date: 03 Nov 2021
- Duration: Hours: 6
- Provider: Health Care Informed (HCI)
- Skillnet Members Price: €90.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: Company Certified