General Practice surgeries form the bedrock of the national healthcare system. Ireland is privileged to boast such a high standard of GP service, but the provision of this service is not without its challenges. GPs have a wide variety of responsibilities - treating patients, monitoring finances, managing staff - and as demands on the service increase, the administrative burden associated with primary care greatly expands. This programme is designed to address the most important aspects of running a General Practice.
This one-day workshop is practical and interactive. It will deal with many common issues experienced in General Practice on a daily basis. It offers participants a review of the following:
- Practice Management Systems,
- Practice Meetings,
- Staff Management and Appraisals,
- Dealing with Conflict,
- Coaching Conversations.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
By the end of the workshop, the participant will feel more confident in their ability to contribute effectively to the General Practice. The lesson plan is organised around the following topics:1. Practice Management – Outline of Role.
2. Policies and Procedures
3. Managing Staff, GP as Employer, Staff Reviews & Appraisals
4. Complaints Procedure and Dealing with Difficult Situations.
5. Practice Finances – Exploring Different Systems
6. Managing Debt – Following the Euros
7. Systems and Implementing Structure – Delegating Responsibility
8. Managing your Team and the Value of Staff Training
9. Management, Marketing and Patient Communication.
10. Time, Self-Management & Self-Care.
This workshop also affords the participants the opportunity to meet and learn from other participants working in a similar role. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate and a folder which will contain notes with helpful tips and advice you can bring back to your Practice.
Trainer Name: Asumpta Gallagher
Asumpta Gallager is a qualified trainer with over 17 years of experience working in General Practice Management and the Healthcare Sector at large. Asumpta recognized a need to provide practical support to GPs and staff working in various roles across the Healthcare Sector, and has developed a number of highly interactive workshops to meet this demand.
- Category: General Practice Training
- Location: Connacht
- Venue: Clayton Hotel, Sligo
- County: Sligo
- Start date: 11 Mar 2020
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: Best Practice
- Skillnet Members Price: €200.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: ICGP
- Award: GMS Day (s)
- Credits/CEU's: ICGP accredited - 6 CPD Points which is the equivalent of 1 GMS Day