- Start date: 19 Feb 2020
- Duration:Days: 1
Venue: Kingsley Hotel, Cork City
Provider: Best Practice
Skillnet Members Price: €200.00
Course Description:General Practice surgeries form the bedrock of the national healthcare system. Ireland is privileged to boast such a high standard of GP service, but the provision of this service is not without its challenges. GPs have a wide variety of responsibilities - treating patients, monitoring finances, managing staff - and as demands on the service increase, the administrative burden associated with primary care greatly expands. This programme is designed to address the most important aspects of running a General Practice.
- Who should attend: GPs and anyone employed in the General Practice environment.
- Award:GMS Day (s)
- Credits/CEU's:ICGP accredited - 6 CPD Points which is the equivalent of 1 GMS Day
Course Aim:This one-day workshop is practical and interactive. It will deal with many common issues experienced in General Practice on a daily basis. It offers participants a review of the following:
- Practice Management Systems,
- Practice Meetings,
- Staff Management and Appraisals,
- Dealing with Conflict,
- Coaching Conversations.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the workshop, the participant will feel more confident in their ability to contribute effectively to the General Practice. The lesson plan is organised around the following topics:1. Practice Management – Outline of Role.
2. Policies and Procedures
3. Managing Staff, GP as Employer, Staff Reviews & Appraisals
4. Complaints Procedure and Dealing with Difficult Situations.
5. Practice Finances – Exploring Different Systems
6. Managing Debt – Following the Euros
7. Systems and Implementing Structure – Delegating Responsibility
8. Managing your Team and the Value of Staff Training
9. Management, Marketing and Patient Communication.
10. Time, Self-Management & Self-Care.
This workshop also affords the participants the opportunity to meet and learn from other participants working in a similar role. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate and a folder which will contain notes with helpful tips and advice you can bring back to your Practice.
- Trainer Name: Asumpta Gallagher
Asumpta Gallager is a qualified trainer with over 17 years of experience working in General Practice Management and the Healthcare Sector at large. Asumpta recognized a need to provide practical support to GPs and staff working in various roles across the Healthcare Sector, and has developed a number of highly interactive workshops to meet this demand.