- Duration:Days: 1
Provider: Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet
Skillnet Members Price: €75.00
Nursing practice is underpinned by knowledge that is continually advancing and therefore must use the best available evidence to guide their practice. Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation is a vital stage in the ongoing development of a nurse's professional competency. It can be obtained following one study day and a quantity of clinically supervised performances. Nurses who undertake this programme in Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation will be capable of delivering a more responsive service, and will therefore better suited to improving the patient's overall health and experience.
*Discounted group rates are available.
- Who should attend: Registered nurses working in the private nursing homes and private hospitals who are members of LHP Skillnet.
- Accreditation:NMBI Accredited
- Award:NMBI CEUs
This study day aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform peripheral intravenous cannulation in line with both NMBI and local policies and guidelines.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
The participants will do the following:
1. Critically discuss their professional and legal responsibilities when undertaking peripheral intravenous cannulation.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of:
o Vein selection and rationale
o Preparing the patient for the procedure and obtaining consent
o The importance of communicating with patients to facilitate a safe and effective procedure
o The causes, signs and management of potential complications
o Infection prevention & control, and health and safety practices
3. Display competence in simulation on
o The selection and assembly of the appropriate equipment
o The procedure of peripheral intravenous cannulation
- Trainer Name: To be confirmed