One of Europe's largest institutes for ageing presents this 5-day foundation course in gerontological nursing.
This course will take place one Thursday a week (9am - 4pm) for five weeks online via Zoom. All the participants will be required to attend all days in order to receive an attendance certificate in the foundation course.
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland have granted 35 continuing education units (CEUs) for this course. The course is also accredited by Trinity Centre for Practice and Healthcare Innovation at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College, Dublin.The price for non-members is €350. The price for members is €225. If you are an employee of any private healthcare organisation in Ireland, you are automatically counted as a member of LHP Skillnet.
In order to reserve your place, please click the 'Reserve Now' button on the right-hand side of the screen and fill out your details. Reservations are secured on a first come, first serve basis. Be advised that we expect this programme to fill up very quickly.
If you would like to see the indicative timetable and content, click Course PDF.
The primary aims of this course are:
- To develop the knowledge nurses require in order to meet the complex needs of older people in the healthcare setting.
- To develop the skills required to function as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team caring for the older person.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes are to:
- Gain a good understanding of the common conditions/illnesses that older persons may encounter
- Recognise the importance of providing person-centred care for the older person
- Develop an understanding of the normal ageing process
- Develop the knowledge required to provide holistic care to the older person
- Identify the need to apply specialist gerontological knowledge to practice when caring for the older person
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Venue: Online
- Start date: 27 May 2021
- Duration: Days: 5
- Provider: St. James's Hospital and Mercer's Institute for Successful Ageing
- Skillnet Members Price: €225.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 35