Hosted by LHP Skillnet and facilitated by HealthCare Ireland (HCI), this programme provides a detailed overview of the roles and responsibilities of a Registered Provider and Person In Charge of a residential care service, and the required processes to support the application of those responsibilities.
The cost for member companies is €90 per person and €130 per person for non-members. If you belong to a healthcare organisation in the private sector, you are automatically treated as a member.
Governance of the Nursing Home includes a review of specific roles and responsibilities detailed within Regulation, Legislation, Guidance and Best Practice. The training model uses practical tools and techniques to implement the requirements. The course will provide participants with a firm grounding in the requirements and expectations of a Registered Provider and Person In Charge to ensure effective service provision.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the end of this programme the participant will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for the Registered Provider and Person In Charge detailed in Legislation, Standards & Guidance specifically,
- S.I. No. 415 of 2013 Health Act 2007. (Care and Welfare of Residents in Designated Centres for Older People) Regulations 2013.
- National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland, 2016
- HIQA Guidance Documents and Evidence based best practice.
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities for the Registered Provider and Person In Charge
- Governance – Structure and Process
- Performance Indicators
- Statement of Purpose
- Policies and Procedures
- Notifiable Events & External Reporting
- Understand the Management Roles, Teams, Committees and Structures.
- Acquire the ability to conduct Risk Assessments for the service and apply best practice for Risk Management.
Who Should Attend
Registered Providers and Persons in Charge of a nursing home.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBA
- Start date: 20 Oct 2021
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: HealthCare Informed (HCI)
- Skillnet Members Price: €90.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: Company Certified