General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) come into force on 25th May 2018.
Our one-day training workshop will help you understand and apply GDPR to your Healthcare organisation in an orderly controlled manner. This workshop will explain the legislation and show you how to create a project plan to include undertaking a gap analysis, risk assessment and privacy impact assessments and show you how to undertake a full data protection audit. It will explain privacy notices, processing, consent, control of personal data, mandatory breach reporting, complaints and penalties. We examine the policies that you need to support your Healthcare organisation.
The Healthcare sector has legislation, regulation and best practice guidelines that we must comply too, such as:
- General Data Protection Regulation (from May 2018);
- National Hospitals Office Code of Practice for Healthcare Records Management;
- Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003;
- Data Protection (Access Modification) (Health) Regulations 1989;
- Freedom of Information Act 2014.
As a Healthcare professional after this workshop you should be able to hold a discussion with regard what is needed from your organisation to comply with the new regulation, understand terms, principles, definitions and have the knowledge to create policies. As well as having the basis of a project plan to undertake the necessary steps to help your organisation be compliant to this new legislation.
What you will learn during this workshop:
- How does Data Protection apply to Healthcare Sector?
- Who is the Data Protection Commissioner and what powers does she have?
- Data Subjects' Rights for patients and employees and your DPO obligations - What can and cannot be done in relation to personal data;
- Scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and key definitions
- How to undertake an information audit to ascertain if your data is secure and know what exactly your organisation is holding and where?
- What defines data processing in the Healthcare sector?
- What does consent mean and how do you ensure that you receive it?
- New obligations of the Data Controller, Joint Controller(s) and Representatives;
- Data Profiling, Anonymization and Pseudonymisation in relation to sensitive patient information;
- Data Breaches what do you have to do and penalties?
- Privacy by Design and Default;
- Policies and training requirements;
- Next steps to be undertaken project plan including gap analysis, risk assessment and privacy impact.
The aim of this workshop is to
- Empower attendees to have the confidence to update or create policies and procedures to reflect GDPR requirements;
- Gain confidence to interpret data protection regulations;
- Identify potential impacts of privacy challenges.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Data Protection legislation and the underlying principles to attain a thorough understanding;
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) how it impacts your Healthcare Organisation and what steps you need to undertake;
- Help Healthcare professionals understand:
- GDPR applies to the Healthcare Sector;
- how to conduct audits and privacy impact assessments;
- how to manage data breaches;
- privacy by design, etc.;
- the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) within a Healthcare environment
Who Should Attend
Anyone working within Private Hospital, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Homecare Providers or Care Agency Owners/ Directors/ Managers seeking to broaden their knowledge of the GDPR requirements. Compliance officers, IT administrators, HR staff, marketing professionals, company secretaries, quality managers and anyone with a responsibility for managing data or advising on data protection issues.
Trainer Name: Dorothy Quinn
Dorothy Quinn is Managing Director of DeeQue Limited, a leading healthcare information and records management consultancy firm in Ireland and the UK. Dorothy has extensive experience in the design and implementation of healthcare Data and Records management programmes for the healthcare sector. She is well versed in the issues involved in matching best practice and international standards with the practical realities faced on the ground. Dorothy is also an experienced trainer, having designed and delivered training courses to large public-sector clients. Her company creates policies and procedures to ensure that organisations are compliant to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) such as Privacy Statements, Privacy by Design - Privacy Impact Assessment, Information Audits, Data Protection Policy, Retention schedules etc. In May, this year she was a speaker at the Information and Records Management Society (IRMS) conference May 2017 in Glasgow - "Regeneration Game- Records through the ages and what is the future?". She has held the position of Chairman of the Information and Records Management Society (Ireland Group) from 2011 to 2013. She has a Proven record of designing and delivering tailored Data Protection and Record Management Training Courses; Created an online Data Protection Story Board training module for Legal Island Sept 2016; CMG Trainer since Sept 2016 - Providing GDPR, Data Protection and Records Management Training; SharePoint 2013 training for Waterford City and County Council; Dorothy was awarded Network Limerick Business Woman (Entrepreneur) of the Year 2012-2013 and Network Ireland Business Woman of the Year 2008-2009 as well as being elected president of Network Limerick in 2009. A lifelong learner as she holds a Masters Information and Records Management and a certificate in Information Governance. This year she qualified and received certificates as a Prince2 (Project Management) Practitioner and Foundation. Dorothy has worked for over 20 years in the Information and Records Management Industry in various roles namely with Iron Mountain, Archives Consulting Services and Glenbeigh Records Management. She currently holds a position as a Data Governance Lead with a Semi State Organisation.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBC
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €60.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: Company Certified
- Award: Certificate