The Flourishing Programme is designed to help activity co-ordinators and similar healthcare professionals thrive. The goal is to provide access to new strategies and practical resources based on music and nature to assist you in creating group and individual activity programmes for your residents.
Joyce Fitzpatrick, a qualified Social and Therapeutic Horticulturist, has been setting up garden spaces and activities programmes for hundreds of residents in nursing homes across Ireland for the past 20 years. Throughout her career, Joyce has researched the different ways in which nature and music can help people in developing and maintaining cognitive and physical resilience and self-esteem.
The aim of the programme is to develop the personal and professional aptitudes of activity co-ordinators in healthcare. In each module, the trainer will instruct the students on how to organise activity programmes for elderly residents in different environments, using a range of practical inputs and instruments. In addition, several mindfulness sessions will provide guidance on the benefits of therapeutic exercises for improving the participants' own sense of wellness at work.
On completion of this programme, the student will be able to …
1. Know how to tailor-make nature activities that are interesting and easy to do
2. Maintain skills and flexibility with older adults through adapted interventions
3. Choose seasonal activities to increase social connection and build friendships
4. Support individuality, creativity, autonomy and well-being in those living with dementia
- 6th of July 2022: Solving Challenges and Getting Through like Bees & Butterflies
- 7th of September 2022: Feeding the Soul by Nourishing the Earth
- 5th of October 2022: Nature the Inexhaustible Giver
- 2nd of November 2022: Finding Delight and Awe in the Mundane
- 7th of December 2022: Wooden Love Tokens, Memories and Caring for Trees
The core content of the programme is delivered through informational videos and live discussion workshops. Each instructional video is based on a theme (see above) and is released on the 1st Wednesday of each month (excluding August). These videos can be viewed at any time thereafter. The live discussion workshop is held the following Monday, after the informational video is released.
Details of the supplementary mindfulness sessions will be send to participants ahead of time each month. Each student will have access to Engaging Dementia's online portal. This platform will give you the chance to communicate with other participants in a conducive environment and facilitate your access to practical resources and articles.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The target audience are activity co-ordinators and any other professionals working in the health and social care sector in Ireland across all settings (i.e. acute, residential, nursing home or home care settings) who have an interest in organising activities for elderly clients and residents.
This programme is being delivered by a team of passionate experts, whose goal is to improve the educational competencies and wellbeing of their fellow activities organisers. Consequently, the cost of the programme is modest: €70 per person to attend 5 modules. As we're sure you'll agree, this fee represents enormous value for money for those who attend in full.
To be eligible for this subsidised price you must be working in the private healthcare sector in Ireland. Otherwise full price applies. Contact us for further details.
To book this programme now, click HERE
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: Online
- Start date: 06 Jul 2022
- Duration: Days: 5
- Provider: Engaging Dementia/Joyce Fitzpatrick
- LHP Skillnet Member Price: €70.00
- Non-Members Price: NA
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: Company Certified