The ethos of this workshop is to enhance participant's knowledge, skills and ability in the prevention and management of residents at risk of falls and harmful falls. Resident safety is the highest priority for all healthcare organisations to their residents. High quality evidence-based nursing is paramount in reducing the risk of harm of a resident while in a residential setting.
The aim of this workshop is to enhance the participant's knowledge, skills and ability in the prevention and management of residents at risk of falls and harmful falls.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the end of this workshop participants should be able to
- Describe the key components of what causes falls and harmful falls
- Describe the nursing role in the prevention and management of a patient at risk of falling
Describe the nursing care of patients in the immediate post-fall period
Who Should Attend
All healthcare staff who work in the private residential care setting.
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Duration: Hours: 4
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €270.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 3