Diabetes Ireland have developed a diabetes awareness education programme for residential care settings. This two hour awareness session is designed specifically for staff working within residential care settings for older people, such as long stay residential care, respite and day care facilities. It is suitable for nurses, healthcare attendants and any other staff involved in caring for the person with diabetes.
In creating this Nursing and Midwifery Board approved session (category 1 approval), consideration has been given to the current National Quality Standards for Older People in Residential Care Settings (HIQA), and other best practice documents.
This course aims to increase awareness of diabetes for all healthcare professionals.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Over the two hour session, topics covered include:
- What is diabetes? Signs and Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Management of Diabetes, including a medication update
- Short and long term complications of diabetes
- Day to day management and entitlements
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for nurses, healthcare assistants and any other staff involved in caring for the person with diabetes in the private healthcare sector
Trainer Name: Clair Naughton Regional development officer Diabetes Ireland
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBC
- Duration: Days: Half day
- Provider: Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €270.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 2