This workshop relates to the practical challenges & main theoretical aspects that many healthcare staff are faced with in a variety of settings when caring for older people with dementia and/or delirium. It also explores strategies that will help to manage residents who manifest challenging or responsive behaviours.
This workshop aims to develop an understanding of dementia and the associated concepts of delirium & frailty, so that the learner can confidently manage their elderly residents who exhibit these conditions in the private healthcare context. It will also enable the student to learn practical methods for managing responsive behaviours.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
1. Describe Dementia, main types and prevalence
2. Explain Delirium, types and cause
3. Understand Frailty and how it impacts the older person
4. Describe potential trajectories of care in older people with these conditions
5. Reflect on and, develop effective (pre-dominantly non-pharmaceutical) ways of managing responsive behaviours in the Frail Older person with Dementia and/or Delirium
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at all nursing staff, healthcare assistants and allied healthcare professionals working in the private healthcare sector.
- Category: Healthcare Skills
- Location: Nationwide
- Venue: TBC
- Duration: Days: 1
- Provider: Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €500.00
- Unemployed: Yes
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 6