This core QQI level 5 module is delivered as part of the Major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339. The course will run for 1 day per week for 4 weeks. Please note, if you have applied for the Major Award there is no need to apply for the individual modules seperately.
This module can be offered only to the participants who are currently employed in a private healthcare organization.
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and nonverbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Learners will be able to:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications and information technology
- Summarise in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications-related legislation
- Use appropriate non-verbal and visual communication in personal- and work-related settings, to include one-to-one, in a group/team, and in formal and informal interaction
- Demonstrate verbal skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making a case and presenting a point of view in group discussion, formal meetings, interviews
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making eye contact, receiving and interpreting information, control of personal response
- Use reading techniques appropriate to a task, to include skimming, obtaining an overview, identifying key points, critical evaluation, in depth analysis
- Critique information from a range of complex written material, to include technical/vocational, personal, literary, and written and visual media texts
- Research a relevant vocational topic, to include use of primary and secondary sources, acknowledgement of sources, use of enquiry techniques and methods to establish validity and reliability
- Use drafting, proofreading and editing skills to write a range of documents that follow the conventions of language usage (spelling, punctuation, syntax), to include creative writing, business proposals, correspondence, reports, memoranda, minutes, applications.
- Demonstrate communications styles and techniques relevant to different situations in work and leisure, to include one-to-one and group contexts in conversation, interview, oral presentation, question and answer session and for the purposes of persuading, advocacy and informing
- Choose the appropriate communications technology to give and receive requests, instructions, suggestions, discussion and feedback in both work and leisure, to include a rationale for choosing one technology over another in different contexts and for different messages.
- Portfolio /Collection of Work - 50% weighting
- Skills Demonstration - 50% weighting
Exact details of how to complete all assessments will be given in advance in class.
Trainer Name: To be confirmed
- Category: QQI Healthcare Support Course (Level 5)
- Location: Leinster
- Venue: TBC
- County: Dublin
- Duration: Days: 4
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €100.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: QQI
- Award: QQI Minor award,Level 5
- Credits/CEU's: 15