- Duration: Days: 3
Provider: LHP Skillnet
Skillnet Members Price: €125.00
This core QQI Level 5 module is delivered as part of the Major Award in Healthcare Support. The course will run for 1 day per week for 3 weeks. Please note, if you have applied for the major award there is no need to apply for the individual modules separately.
- Who should attend: Anyone working in the private healthcare sector who is working toward their major award in healthcare support
- Award:QQI Minor award,Level 5
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
Learners will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker.
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care.
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client.
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth.
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses.
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
- Assignment - 30% weighting
- Learner Record 70% weighting - 2 sections 50% and 20% weighting
Exact details of how to complete all assessments will be given in advance in class.
- Trainer Name: To be confirmed