This core QQI Level 5 module is delivered as part of the Major Award in Healthcare Support. The course will run for 1 day per week for 3 weeks. Please note, if you have applied for the major award there is no need to apply for the individual modules separately.
This module can be offered only to the participants who are currently employed in a private healthcare organization.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Learners will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker.
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care.
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client.
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth.
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses.
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
- Assignment - 30% weighting
- Learner Record 70% weighting - 2 sections 50% and 20% weighting
Exact details of how to complete all assessments will be given in advance in class.
Trainer Name: To be confirmed
- Category: QQI Healthcare Support Course (Level 5)
- Venue: online
- Duration: Days: 3
- Provider: LHP Skillnet
- Skillnet Members Price: €100.00
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: QQI
- Award: QQI Minor award,Level 5
- Credits/CEU's: 15