- Duration: Days: 4
Provider: LHP Skillnet
Skillnet Members Price: €125.00
This core QQI Level 5 module is delivered as part of the Major Award in Healthcare Support. The course will run for 1 day per week for 4 weeks. Please note, if you have applied for the major award there is no need to apply for the individual modules separately.
- Who should attend: Anyone working in the private healthcare sector who is working toward their major award in healthcare support
- Award:QQI Minor award,Level 5
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
Learners will be able to:
- Identify relevant groups of people in need of health care
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people, taking into account individual variation
- Identify the hygiene needs of dependent clients
- Discuss the prevention of pressure sores
- Demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedures for the cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment
- Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to include empathy, respect, patience and effective communication skills
- Exercise initiative to improve client involvement in social events, outings and occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Contribute to the maintenance of safe and hygienic environments for clients to include the safe disposal of soiled linen
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating, drinking, toileting, continence promotion mobility and where appropriate, social needs
- Apply client safety and security procedures to includeappropriate on site client care procedures for washing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling
- Give assistance that enhances the privacy, dignity, independence and positive self image of clients in care
- Give assistance to clients in the use of a range of care equipment to include sensory equipment, aids to encourage independence and mechanical aids including mobility aids, feeding aids, washing aids, elimination aids and hoists
- Report changes in the client's condition to the relevant Supervisor
- Complete client documentation where appropriate.
- Written Assignments - 40% weighting - 2 assignments - 20% weighting each
- Skills Demonstration - 60% weighting
Exact details of how to complete all assessments will be given in advance in class.
- Trainer Name: To be confirmed