Healthcare organisations are required to demonstrate continuous improvements within the provision of their services. A strong indicator of a conintuous improvement culture is the implementation of a risk management framework that can respond both proactively and reactively.
The risk management model provided in this programme incorporates the identification, assessment, management and ongoing review of risks associated with the provision of care. This programme will enable participants to apply the framework, carry out risk assessments, apply a risk rating, mitigate the risk through the use of control measures and prioritise the management of risks at their management team meetings.
This programme will provide you with the tools to manage and minimise the risks to your staff, clients and business. It will address the following:
- Principles of risk management.
- Advantages and challenges of risk management.
- Legislation, standards & guidance relating to risk management.
- Trends in risk non-compliance to date.
- Service and care provision risk management models.
- Health and safety risk management.
- Individual risk management.
- Ongoing, proactive risk management
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Risk Management Training Part 1
- Introduction to Risk Management within Designated Centres
- Advantages and Challenges of Risk Management
- Legislation, Standards & Guidance applicable to Risk Management
- Trends in Non-Compliance
- Model of an effective Risk Management Framework
- Risk Management Policy and Procedure and Register
Risk Management Training Part 2
- Model of an effective Risk Management Framework (ctd)
- Governance Risk Management
- Service and Care Risk Management
- Health and Safety Risk Management
- Risk Management and COVID-19
- Individual Risk Management
- Proactive risk management in an uncertain future
Who Should Attend
Owners, Directors, management and supervisory staff.
- Category: Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Venue: Webinar
- Duration: Days: Half day
- Provider: Health Care Informed (HCI)
- Skillnet Members Price: NA
- Unemployed: No
- Accreditation: NMBI Accredited
- Award: NMBI CEUs
- Credits/CEU's: 6.5