Job Seekers – Free Places on our Healthcare Support Course (QQI Level 5)
If you have been re-directed to this page, please note that the only programme available to jobseekers is our Healthcare Support Course (QQI Level 5).
While focused primarily on the needs of our Member Companies, we at LHP Skillnet know that a great deal more can be done to support the private healthcare sector than simply train those already employed. This is why we offer a fully funded Healthcare Support Course (QQI Level 5) for jobseekers, subject to eligibility criteria and places being available on the programme.
This means we offer a number of FREE places to those who are unemployed and seeking to increase their employment prospects through relevant training. If you are currently unemployed, you may be eligible to enrol with Leading Healthcare Providers Skillnet with no charge or impact on your social welfare payments or benefits (for those who are in receipt of such payments). In 2018 we supported 142 jobseekers in completing the Healthcare Support Course. Our Employment Activation Programme (EAP) is hugely successful and provides participants with a real pathway to a new career.
In order to be considered for a place on this course you must meet our eligibility criteria (see Eligible Unemployed Individuals and Eligible Individuals who are not Welfare Payment Recipients) PLUS ONE of the following
- You have been unemployed for more than 12 months OR
- You are at Level 5 or less on the National Framework of Qualifications OR
- You are under the age of 35 OR
- You were formerly employed in the construction, manufacturing and retail sectors
Eligible Unemployed Individuals
If you are in receipt of one of the following social welfare payments, you are eligible.
- Jobseekers Allowance (JA) or Jobseekers Benefit (JB) mmmemeee
- Disability Allowance
- Blind Pension
- Invalidity Pension
- Illness Benefit
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance
- Adult Dependants
- One Parent Family Payment
- Back-to-Work Allowance
- Back-to-Work Enterprise Allowance
- Short-term Enterprise Allowance
- Farm Assist
Eligible Individuals who are not Welfare Payment Recipients
If you are not in receipt of a welfare payment but your circumstances match those described below, you are eligible.
- Former sole traders and business owners
- Recent graduates who are unemployed
- Individuals who fail to qualify for social welfare payments because of a spouse’s income
- Individuals signing on for credits but in receipt of no social welfare payment
- Individuals who have recently accepted redundancy payments
- Non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals holding immigration Stamp 4
- Current participants on Community Employment (CE) Schemes
Ineligible Unemployed Individuals
Skillnet Ireland, under its current mandate, does not provide training to unemployed people who fall into any of the following categories:
- Current participants on Jobs Initiative (JI) Schemes
- Non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals holding immigration Stamp 1, Stamp 2 or Stamp 3
- Full-time students engaged in second or third-level education
Several other Skillnet Networks participate in the Skillnet Ireland Employment Activation Programme. This initiative is designed exclusively for unemployed people and includes free training in skills in demand by companies combined with direct access to employers through meaningful work placements. For information on other Skillnet Networks offering free training programmes for those seeking employment, click here for the Skillnet Ireland website.