- Start date: 08 Nov 2018
- Duration:Days: 2
Venue: Claregalway Hotel
Provider: Guardian Safety
Skillnet Members Price: €400.00
This course is delivered over 2 consecutive days (8th & 9th November) and is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver Fire Warden Training within their nursing home. All participants are required to have prior training experience as there is no train the trainer element to this course. On completion each participant will be provided with the necessary materials and resources to commence in-house training including, powerpoint presentations, handouts, certificate templates and videos.
- Who should attend: Any person working in the private healthcare sector who has Health & Safety responsibilities within their nursing home and who has prior experience of training.
- Accreditation:Company Certified
- Credits/CEU's:This course is delivered and certified by Guardian Safety. On completion each participant will receive a Fire Warden-Marshal Instructor certificate which will be valid for 5 years.
This course aims to give participants the skills and confidence to deliver Fire Warden Training to meet the requirements of both the "1981 Fire Services Act" and "Regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005″.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
Day 1 - Fire Safety/Science
- Fire Science,
- Development the fire, smoke and small travel
- Fire prevention
- Classes of fire
- The selection and use of fire extinguishers
- Participants will then be trained in the use of extinguishers
Day 2 - Fire Warden and Fire Manager
- Pre-fire/fire/post fire duties of the Fire Warden
- Understanding people's behaviour in relation to fire
- Emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Emergency drills
- Emergency lights (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Fire extinguishers (overview of general maintenance requirements & the functions of)
- Fire alarms (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Passive fire protection
- Active fire protection
- Running a Fire Warden Course
- Trainer Name: Guardian Safety