- Start date: 18 Oct 2018
- Duration: Days: 3
Venue: Claregalway Hotel
Provider: Irish Computer Society
Skillnet Members Price: €900.00
Be confident that your healthcare organisation's policies and procedures are legally compliant with data protection legislation by completing Ireland's first certified data protection practitioner programme.
This three-day course (Thursday 18th, 25th October and 1st November 2018) covers the fundamental issues contained within the General Data Protection Regulation that have a legislative impact upon all healthcare organisations and provides information on how to achieve compliance.
- Who should attend: Anyone working within the private healthcare sector who fulfills an information security or data protection role including secretaries, financial workers, project managers, health sector staff, etc. It is aimed at employees that are in regular contact with patient, client or employee personal information, including: • Health sector administration staff • Frontline staff • Customer support and call centre teams • Human resources staff • Legal secretaries • Financial services sales and administration • Accounts personnel • Line managers in admin, marketing and HR • Database administrators and document management staff
- Accreditation:Company Certified
- Credits/CEU's:Certified Data Protection Practitioner awarded by The Association of Data Protection Officers (ADPO) and The Irish Computer Society (ICS). Please note, this qualification satisfies the entry requirements for the European Certified Data Protection Officer Programme.
This course aims to enable you to use the knowledge you have gained about data protection legislation to make influential changes to your healthcare organisation's data protection policies, helping you remain competitive and compliant. This will increase your organisation's confidence in its ability to protect and manage data. Examine real-life case studies of data breaches, engage in brainstorming sessions and come up with data breach response procedures just as you would in your own organisation.
The course places an emphasis from the outset on providing relatable, real-world examples to back up any theory delivered during a session. Students are encouraged to provide their own data protection issues, as well, that can be openly discussed by the group.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
The syllabus encourages the recognition of data protection legislation as one particular safeguard relating to personal information whilst at the same time recognising the legitimate needs of business and organisations to process such information.
If you require a highly detailed overview and analysis of what data protection is, this is the best course of its kind.
At the end of this 3 day course participants should be able to;
- Make changes to your organisation's data protection policies
- Remain competitive and compliant
- Increased confidence in your capability to protect and manage data
- Critique relatable, real-world examples to back up the theory
- Discuss your own data protection issues with the group.
- Trainer Name: Irish Computer Society